21-Day Career Launch Challenge
Registration for the 21-Day Career Launch Challenge is currently closed. To stay in the loop about when the next 21-Day Challenge will take place, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and put "21-Day CLC" in the subject line.
Narrow your job search focus.
Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
Upgrade your résumé.
Network and interview more confidently.
All in 3 weeks. Are you up for the challenge?
Are you unsure about where you might apply to after you graduate?
Is your LinkedIn profile basically an HTML version of your résumé?
Have the feeling your résumé is getting lost in the massive pile sitting on the recruiter's desk?
Do you cringe when you think about your next networking encounter or job interview?
Those are all normal feelings for a soon-to-be or recent grad to have.
- having a written list of organizations you plan on pursuing after grad
- pointing people to a LinkedIn profile that captures attention and generates new connection requests regularly
- knowing your résumé sells you effectively to employers
- actually feeling like yourself when you enter that networking event or job interview
How much more excited would you be about approaching arguably the most significant transition of your life so far?
Rapidly upgrade your job searching skills, guided by a career professional who specializes in helping students transition into the working world.
I work in something called "placement." My full-time job is to literally help people get jobs.
I'm an active podcast host who speaks with the top experts in the career industry on a regular basis.
I still remember what it was like being that super lost and confused young man who was coming out of school and didn't know what the heck to do to get his career off the ground.
Here's how it works:
We'll meet as a group for five 60-minute Zoom calls, spread across 21 days.
Each call will address different areas of your job search tool kit and will take place on the following days at 8:00 pm EDT:
- Call #1 (Sept. 9th): Creating a target job application list
- Call #2 (Sept. 16th): Improving and optimizing your LinkedIn profile
- Call #3 (Sept. 23rd): Reviewing and upgrading your résumé
- Call #4 (Sept. 28th): Developing a networking and interviewing strategy
- Call #5 (Sept. 30th): Graduation, final takeaways, and next steps
In between the calls, you will receive support and feedback through our group's private Slack channel. Calls will be recorded in case you miss one.
You will also receive additional resources for things like:
- Clarifying your strengths, interests, market needs, as well as your must-have and non-negotiable features of a job
- Building a better LinkedIn headline (one of the most important parts of the profile!)
- Writing a better cover letter
- Organizing your networking and application activities
- Setting up and executing informational interviews
Are you up for the challenge?
If you're ready to take your job searching skills to a new level, then click the button below to sign up.
The cost is $79.00 CAD, which is an incredible deal as a typical private résumé review by a professional writer alone is often over $100.00.
Still unsure about joining? I'm very confident you will get at least one major takeaway from our time together. However, if you go through all 21 days and still feel like you didn't get your money's worth, I'll refund your payment in full.
What people are saying about the 21-Day Career Launch Challenge
"Participating in Mike's 21-day Challenge provided an opportunity to get some much needed advice on approach to today's job search tactics. The biggest obstacle that would have prevented me from investing time and money in the Challenge was would I had enough time and would there be enough value? It was more than worth the investments for my Wednesdays for September. Attending the online sessions resulted in providing solid answers to my questions. The strategies set a good fundamental guide in having [a] more long term plan forecast and accelerate the searching process (hunting/spray and pray vs nurture and relationship building).
The podcast posts on the slack channel are great recommendations, yet some other relevant articles and reading resources are added benefits. Beyond the feedback, the 21-day Challenge with Mike is highly recommended to start a conversation, get your questions answered as clear as possible and gain some clarity. Although Mike won't be able to land a job for you (I wish he could too), he has the expertise to direct the right strategies. In turn, better chances in more consistent results and interview opportunities. I would not hesitate to ask for Mike's advice and open to help in any way."