Teaching new graduates & young professionals the soft skills and job search strategies that land them their first "real" jobs faster and with less stress
Looking for your first "real" job?
Download The 6-Step Plan to Confidently Launching Your Career. You'll also receive weekly emails with tips and insights on beginning your career with confidence.
Does this sound like you?
- You're in the last year or two of your post-secondary education, or maybe you've even just graduated from university or college
- You're getting ready to launch your career and become a grown-up, working adult...
But there's a problem...
- You don't really know what you want to do after school
- You're not sure how to stand out from the pack of other new grads
- You've applied to dozens (maybe hundreds!) of jobs and virtually never get callbacks for interviews
- You find job interviews and networking to be super stressful, nerve-racking and intimidating. You'd rather be on your couch binging Netflix and eating ice cream
I hear you!
- I spent a lot of $$$ on my own university experience, and was thoroughly unprepared for the working world when I was done school
- There are so many careers that a person can embark on these days, and it's not like the transition into professional life is really taught in school
- Most folks don't really understand how employers hire candidates (but once you do, it becomes much easier to catch their attention)
My name is Mike Bird.
I'm the career coach who specializes in helping new grads and young professionals successfully launch their careers.
Through my background in coaching, teaching and job placement, I help you land your first "real" job.
"It was a very open experience that felt very personalized."
[Mike] helped turn abstract ideas or problems into something concrete, increased confidence facing certain issues, and was very adaptable to what was going on that particular day of the call or days leading up to it.
-Jeremy Pryde, Talent Advisor/Recent University Graduate
How can I help you?
I offer a range of different resources and services - at different price points - to help you successfully launch your career:
1) The 6-Step Plan to Confidently Launching Your Career
A downloadable guide that walks you through the systems that will help you thrive in your early early. (10-15 minutes)
2) The Career Builder's Podcast
Conversations that build careers. A weekly show for 20- and 30-somethings that are serious about their professional development. (30-45 minutes)
3) Take Flight Newsletter
Career development insights delivered straight to your inbox every Sunday. A chance to engage with me directly and get some of my most exclusive tips, tricks and strategies. (3-5 minutes)
The 15-Day Career Launch Challenge
Upgrade your skills as a job seeker with this small group challenge that tunes up your job search and helps you land your first "real" job faster.
Opens during selected times of the year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and put "15-Day CLC" in the subject line to get your name on the waiting list.
An investment for those who are serious about their early career development. These customized engagements are for addressing major hurdles such as:
- deciding the direction in which you want your early career to go
- working through a particularly competitive or difficult job search
- overcoming the behavioural obstacles to a successful career
(3-6 months, must pass through a qualification process in advance.)
What's in it for you:
- Huge growth in confidence and competence as an emerging professional
- Avoiding a career that fails to launch
- A kind of income stream you've probably never had before 💰
- The beginning of your extraordinary career
Job search & career development insights delivered to your inbox every Sunday
Subscribe to Take Flight and join a community of soon-to-be and recent grads who are serious about growing their careers.